Taeya Lauer, CEO
“I am very lucky to be able to share peoples’ stories and be a guide and sounding board for all things financial as they go through the stages of life.”
I am a bit of a number crunching geek who really likes to help people. I love planning. Making sure things fall into place for clients and that they successfully reach their goals all comes down to a solid plan. I am also very creative, in a statistical kind of way, and that is the secret sauce in our portfolios and financial plans.
I have spent all my adult life working in financial services and studying financial markets.
Western Washington University – BA in Finance and Decision Making Sciences
- 1989-1991 Financial Aid Peer Advisor – WWU
- 1991-1993 Loan Assistant – Washington Mutual Bank
- 1993-1997 Financial Advisor – Murphey Favre (Washington Mutual Investment Services)
- 1997-2010 – Senior Vice President and Financial Advisor – D. A. Davidson & Co
- 2010 -2018 – Director of Managed Assets and Advisor Training, and Vice President, Financial Advisor & Portfolio Manager – E. K. Riley Investments, LLC
- 2018- to present – Founder & CEO and Financial Advisor & Portfolio Manager, Pacific Coast Financial Services, Inc.
WHY SHE LOVES WORKING AT PACIFIC COAST
We are all called on to use our many different talents to help clients each day. No two situations are the same, so we must be creative problem solvers and we are always challenged to come up with innovative strategies. We must constantly learn and study and that speaks to my personal values of being a lifelong learner. I like having a score card and there are very clear and concise ways we measure our clients’ progress toward their goals. We always know if we are on track or not, and that keeps me motivated.
My true life’s work is raising my wonderful son and daughter. Family means everything to us. Our interests are varied, and you might find us at the movies or on the sidelines of a basketball or volleyball game. The Pacific Northwest is our playground. Currently, that means hiking, backpacking, kayaking, snowshoeing, and surfing. And we just might see rock climbing, snowboarding, sailing and windsurfing make a comeback in our activities list. I also run with my dog and race in foot races and triathlons. I love to travel and am happy to go anywhere on any adventure. In my quiet time I read a lot, do yoga and occasionally teach yoga too.
Series 6, 7, 63, and 65